Tuesday, February 14, 2012

I am Annoyed at Amazon

I also am puzzled by their behavior. To get what I am upset about, I have to take you back to Feb 9, 2012. That day I basically made two orders. One for Newegg. The other to Amazon. Actually I have to take you back to Dec 25, 2011. I didn't know of anyone else who was selling computer parts that I trusted yet. I used Amazon. I ordered two parts. A computer power supply and a computer case. Total $237.61. I requested free shipping and to group my packages into as few shipments as possible. I received the case via FedEx and the power supply via the United States Post Office.

They arrived in good shape. One small problem, which I did let Amazon know about. I ordered the wrong power supply. I wanted  a  modular power supply. I thought I had ordered one.  I had foolishly assumed it was modular because it was included in with that group that were modular and I had specified in their search engine to go with modular.When I complained, or more properly pointed it out to Amazon that their search engine was flawed and that their recommendations were annoying too, they came back with "It was not our fault." Hunh?.... I had just pointed out to them that THEIR search engine came back with the wrong part and I ordered it based on their software and they have the nerve to say it wasn't their fault. I didn't even attempt to see if they will take back the wrong power supply and send the right one. It would have been way too many emails and I would have to pay Amazon more for the privilege of using Amazon. I had decided right then and there, I will use Amazon sparingly and limit my purchases.

Well, on Feb 9,  2012, again I was in a position to order. I ordered from Newegg. $1,955.93 worth of merchandise. The price includes shipping and applicable taxes. I with trepidation ordered from Amazon, $609.62. Again, including shipping. No tax. I also ordered from an independent, that Newegg and Amazon couldn't fulfill, two items totaling  $50.85, shipping included. As you can see, I limited Amazon to less than one third of what I need. So, because of an earlier kerfuffle with a simple order. Amazon lost $2000 worth of sales. They don't know about it. It is called lost sales in retail.

I probably won't be using Amazon any more at all because of this latest kerfuffle. This morning I had found out that almost all of my things have been shipped except for four items. This is the e-mail I sent at 6:17 this morning.


"Everything else I have ordered from you has been packaged and sent. I have tracking info so I know generally when they are going to get here.  I checked these four for availability. All are available. What is the hold up on these four items? Or have they been sent and nothing has been updated?"


What I expected was an answer along the lines of,  "It is in the pipe. They will be sent out today. Remember I have until the 18th to get them to you." or possibly, "We have been having problems getting product x. We have it now and it will be sent to you today or tomorrow."

What I got was this at 9:43:


Hello,


I am sorry that you order has not yet shipped. We regret the inconvenience caused.


I do understand how frustrating this must have been to you. We value our customers' trust above all else--it is the foundation upon which Amazon.com was built. 


Therefore, I've checked your order and see that your order has entered the shipping process and we expect to deliver your order by the estimated delivery date of Feb 15, 2012 - Feb 18, 2012.


You will receive an email notification with tracking number as soon as your order ships.


If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact us by clicking below link: 


First off, I wasn't complaining, I just wanted to know why the other stuff shipped and these didn't. I had again specified free shipping and group my packages whenever possible. I knew it wasn't going to get here quickly. I just wanted to know why, Newegg, and Performance PC managed to ship their stuff, yet Amazon couldn't do the same thing. They had managed to ship part of their portion of my shopping list. Only four items were left. What was the hold up? This e-mail didn't answer my questions.

I sent back:

"Give me a better answer than the last one."


Now, I don't think I was really polite, but then again this guy didn't answer my questions. Just a polite brush-off that means nothing.

I get this.


Hello,


I'm sorry for the inconvenience caused.


I've checked your order and see that it's being shipped via "FREE Super Saver Shipping."


Most orders for in-stock items shipping via Standard Shipping will leave our fulfillment centers within 24 to 48 hours. However, when you choose FREE Super Saver Shipping on an order, you're letting us know you are willing to wait a little longer to get your items as long as the shipping is free. 


This option allows us to better manage our inventory and order demand and pass the savings on to you in the form of free shipping. Most Free Super Saver Shipping orders will ship out within 5 business days (in most cases they ship out sooner). The transit for Super Saver Shipping is 5-9 business days once the order is shipped.

Uh, I already knew this. I know that it will take some extra time. Again, this guy managed to NOT answer my questions.

I tried again with a little snark. 

"I am beginning to think that my wife's prediction is going to come through. Amazon will be going down.

I didn't ask for excuses, like "YOU (meaning me)specified the wrong shipping." I asked, "What was the holdup?" 

NEW QUESTION: Please answer this one yes or no and the time it will leave.

Can ANY ONE call down to shipping and asked to check to see if my items were going out today and approximately what time they will leave? Don't use the computer. USE THE PHONE." 

This is what I got in return.

"Hello,

I would like to apologize for the delay in processing your order. 

I've checked into your order and see that we are currently preparing it for shipment, and still expect to ship your items in time to be delivered by the date listed in Your Account: Feb 15, 2012 - Feb 18, 2012.

I also notice that you selected the "group my items into as few shipments as possible" option (which is the default option on the order form). We have several fulfillment centers across the country. Multiple-item orders may not have all items in stock at a single fulfillment center, and it is possible your order will not ship until we obtain inventory of these items at a particular location. So while this option is often cheaper, it can delay individual items that would have been delivered to you sooner had they been shipped by themselves.

However, this order is currently being prepared for shipment, and should leave our fulfillment center soon. Once it has shipped, we will send you an e-mail message confirming the date, contents, and method of your shipment. 

To compensate for any inconvenience caused by this delay, I'd like to offer you a $10.00 promotional certificate as an apology for the delay. This amount has been added to your account which you can use the next time you order an item shipped and sold by Amazon.com.

I hope you'll understand that we do our best to ensure that all of our customer orders meet the estimated delivery date listed in Your Account. Clearly, we have not met those standards in this case."


Again, this guy hasn't given me any new information. Just that he is apologetic and "concerned" about my order. I already knew this before I started.

This is what I sent to this guy the last time.

"I don't need to be bribed. Nor did I expect the parts to get here until the end of the week.

Here is the real rub. EVERY ONE ELSE HAS BEEN ABLE TO SHIP OUT MY PARTS IN A TIMELY FASION. You haven't. Plus, no matter how nice you have been, you STILL haven't answered my questions.

Re-read my last question and answer it the way I requested. I will repeat it.

"Can ANY ONE call down to shipping and ask to see if my items were going out today and approximately what time they will leave?"

Answer Yes or no. Then an approximate time when it will leave.

I will supply the
answers that will satisfy me.

First most IDEAL answer.

"Yes, I called down. The shipment is together and will ship out today."

Second not as IDEAL answer.

"No. There is no way to contact shipping directly. However, they should have your parts together today and ship out today or tomorrow morning. Remember, I still have a few days left to ship it to you."

I don't want apologies, nor bribes. Just simple easy answers to my questions.

Thank you"

At 1:03 PM I received an automated email notifying me that my items have shipped. I traced it and found out it had left their facility at 9:46 this morning. 

At 2:00 PM, I received this last email. 

Hello,

I understand that you are concerned about the shipping of the order #XXX-XXXXXXX-XXXXXXX. I checked the order details and found that the order was placed with FREE Super Saver Shipping as the shipping method for the order.

With this shipping option, we fulfill your order in a more cost-efficient way. This allows us to pass our savings on to you in the form of free shipping. While it might take some extra time to pack and ship your order, you'll still receive it within the estimated delivery timeframe.

I apologize for any misunderstanding regarding contacting the carrier to get the order status. Normally, we're able to check the details of the item before it enters the shipping process. But, we're unable to contact the carrier and get the status of the order until the tracking information is updated.

I see the order has been just shipped on February 14, 2012 and it should be delivered to you by February 18, 2012. 

In looking over the times this guy had sent me e-mails, his first one could have answered my original email by calling down to shipping then in turn sending me the unofficial info that my purchases have left the building and I will get the update later on today.

I seriously considered sending the stuff back and getting if from some where else. I will wait until the 18th for my things, but I will scream bloody murder if any part is damaged or arrives after the 18th. 

Also, I am going to anticipate that Amazon is going to go away. They never really answered my questions. When I supplied the answers I was willing to hear, they still failed to answer it. Also, they were about 58 mins too late in getting the information they had at 9:46 this morning. A double failure. At this rate, Amazon will be paying me to even check out their site.


No comments:

Post a Comment